Teaser Tuesday: The Girl From the Savoy, The Invisible Man, The Practical Navigator, & Shield


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by Jenn at Books and a Beat.


I sip my cup of Earl Gray as I watch raindrops slip down the windowpanes. Mother always insists that tea tastes better when it rains, something to do with precipitation and dampness bringing out the flavor in the leaves.

~ The Girl From the Savoy by Hazel Gaynor, Kindle Location 435 (ARC)




Such children as saw him at nightfall dreamt of bogies...

~ The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells, pg. 17




"I'm not a liar, Michael. I tell the truth till it hurts." He knows this. To her own detriment, she always has. "I'm not sure I'm even ready to see him. The thought of it scares me to death." "It should," said Michael.

~ The Practical Navigator by Stephen Metcalfe, pg. 46




I'm dying. It's my last coherent thought as I stare through the filmy liquid. The burn in my body builds and my vision grows dark, a creeping blackness at the periphery, contracting like an iris until there is only a tunnel with a dot of light and colour at the end.

~ Shield (Spark #3) by Rachael Craw, pg. 322 (ARC)


Comments

  1. OOh nice set of teasers! All totally new to me ones! Hope you're all enjoying your read!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!