Throwback Thursday: Amelia Bedelia

 

Throwback Thursday is a new feature at Reading Lark. We'll still be doing some Book Boyfriend Posts and Book BFF Posts on Thursdays as well, but the Larks wanted a little variety on Thursdays. Throwback Thursday will allow us to throwback to some of the reads we've loved -- whether it's a book reviewed last year, a book we hid under the covers to read as a teen, or a picture book from our childhood -- we hope you'll enjoy reliving the memories as much as we do!

Amelia Bedelia
By: Peggy Parish
Published: 196

 

Who didn't love Amelia Bedelia? I wanted her to live in my house when I was little. She was funny, kind, and good at cleaning (I did, and still do, hate chores.) Even as an older reader (all of 8 years old), I remember checking all the Amelia Bedelia books out from the library when I was WAY too old to be reading them because they were still so funny to me. And I'm sure my love of her cluelessness is why I loved Pippi Longstocking as much as I did once I got older. Amelia Bedelia (you have to say both names, always) was probably her long-lost mother.


Summary via Goodreads

From dressing the chicken to dusting the furniture, Amelia Bedelia does exactly what Mr. and Mrs. Rogers tell her. ...But somehow things never turn out quite right.


Comments

  1. I remember these from my elementary school library. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!