Book BFF: Echo Emerson


Book BFF was created by Larks Andrea, Paula, and Jen to showcase some of our favorite ladies & was originally inspired by Book Boyfriend. We'd love it if you'd join us featuring your favorite Book BFFs and leaving links so we can check out your posts. We will be alternating between Book Boyfriends and Book BFFs on Thursdays.

Echo Emerson from Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry

Appearance: 
Green eyes 
Red, silky, curly hair 
Pale skin with freckles 
Smells like warm cinnamon rolls 
Hot body, according to Noah 
Wears gloves as often as she can to hide scars on her arms... always wears long sleeves. 

Facts about Echo: 
Noah dislikes her to start with because she ignores him completely; she dislikes Noah because of his bad boy reputation. 

Echo knows that something awful happened with her mother, and that is why she isn’t allowed to see her, but she can’t remember what happened and she has nightmares about it. 

Echo used to be a popular girl before the episode with her mother, and she is struggling to fit back into her old life. 

Echo has sessions with the school’s counsellor on a weekly basis. 

Echo wants to fix up her dead brother’s car as a lasting memory of him. 

 Quotes: 
 “Luke used to give me butterflies. Noah spawned mutant pterodactyls.” 

“I’ve already lost a piece of my mind. I can’t trust you with what’s left.” 

 “Are you ready to take the ACT on Saturday?" my father asked. Did chickens enjoy being put on trucks labeled KFC? "Sure.” 

 "Happy birthday." Noah drew his lips closer to mine; that sweet musky smell overwhelmed my senses. I could almost taste his lips when he unexpectedly took a step back, inhaling deeply. The cold air slapped me into the land of sober.” 

 "What do you want to hear? That I'm exhausted? Terrified? Confused? That all I want to do is rest my head on your chest and sleep for hours, but that's not going to happen because you're leaving me?" "Yes," he said quickly, then just as quick said, "No. Everything but the last part." 

 Why she’s my Book BFF: 
 Echo has a lot to deal with... she doesn’t know what happened to her, only that it was bad enough for her brain to totally blank it out. While she wants to know what happened, she is also terrified of finding out. She has some serious issues. So I love it that she is still feisty enough to tell Noah Hutchins, the hot naughty boy at school, to take a hike when he messes with her. She is a fighter and there is no mistake about that. She also has a fierce independent streak which I just loved.


Comments

  1. Good choice, Jen!! Echo's one of my favourite protags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. definately one of my faves. Everything about Echo's feisty attitude makes me cheer her on :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!