Teaser Tuesday: The Shoemaker's Wife, Delirium, Bitterblue, & Outside In


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.   

    Enza hoped the moon was a sign that the angels were present, hovering over Stella, ambivalent about whether to take her sister's soul or leave her behind. Enza kneeled at the head of the bed, wove her fingers together, closed her eyes, and prayed. Certainly the angels would hear her and let her sister stay on the mountain.
    ~ The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani, pg. 46 (ARC)

    "No." I buried my face in his chest, wrap my arms around him and squeeze. Unimaginable, incomprehensible: a life lived without him. The idea breaks me -- the fact that he's almost crying breaks me -- the fact that he did this for me, the fact that he believes I'm worth it -- kills me. He is my world and my world is him and without him there is no world. 
    ~ Delirium by Lauren Oliver, pg. 227 (eBook)

    Sapphire considered her for a moment, the purples of his eyes soft and clear. She considered him in return, then looked away, wishing she weren't so conscious of certain people sometimes, people who were more alive to her, somehow, more breathing, more invigorating, than other people.
    ~ Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore, pg. 179 (ARC)

    Yanking me out by my ankles, Riley picked me up, threw me over his shoulder and ran toward the shower in Emek's washroom. Shoved under the cold spray, I caught on and helped Riley tear off my chemical-soaked uniform. He ripped his shirt off and we scrubbed our skin, removing the last traces of the acidic substance before it could burn holes into our bodies.
    ~ Outside In by Maria V. Snyder, pg. 130

Comments

  1. I so need to get to Delirium! Thanks for reminding me *pulls it up the TBR list*.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I'm glad that the teaser reminded you, you need to read it, Valerie! :P I was REreading it so I had the story fresh in my mind before starting Pandemonium! GREAT story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you are going to looooooove Delirium! I just finished that one like two weeks ago and it's amazing! <333 :) Prepare your heart for the ending, lol! Enjoy!

    -Momo
    Check out my Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!