In Other Words: Swoon-Worthy Quotes



In Other Words, one of our favorite memes here at Reading Lark, has moved to Fridays. Each Friday we bring you a collection of literary quotes selected by our awesome blog team centered around a different theme or topic. Enjoy - and feel free to share YOUR favorite quote about this week's theme in our comments section!


I'm in a very romantic kind of mood after finishing Where She Went, so this week's topic is....
Swoon-Worthy Quotes from our Favorite 
Book Boyfriends (past, present, and future)


Tevya: 
“You don't share me, you own me." (Adam Wilde)
― Gayle FormanWhere She Went

“The audience keeps singing, keeps making my case, and I just keep strumming until I get close enough to see her eyes. And then I start singing the chorus. Right to her. And she smiles at me, and it’s like we’re the only two people out here, the only ones who know what’s happening. Which is that this song we’re all singing together is being rewritten. It’s no longer an angry plea shouted to the void. Right here, on this stage, in front of eighty thousand people, it’s becoming something else. This is our new vow.”  (Adam Wilde)
 Gayle FormanWhere She Went, If I Stay #2



“I love you. And I'm going to keep loving you even after you don't know I exist." (Vishous)
 J.R. WardLover Unbound, The Black Dagger Brotherhood #5

“I touched my lips to hers again, and this time, it was a very different sort of kiss. It was six years’ worth of kissing, her lips coming to life under mine, tasting of orange and of desire. Her fingers ran through my sideburns and into my hair before linking around my neck, alive and cool on my warm skin. I was wild and tame and pulled into shreds and crushed into being all at once. For once in my human life, my mind didn’t wander to compose a song lyric or store the moment for later reflection. For once in my life, I was here and nowhere else." (Sam Roth)
 ― Maggie StiefvaterShiver, The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1


Andrea: 
"You forget darling. I am the local psychopath." (Clayton Danvers)
— Kelley Armstrong (Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1))



"He clearly wasn’t dissuaded, and stroked my jawline with his thumb. “You can run. You can keep running to the ends of the earth. But I won’t be far behind you." (Ethan Sullivan)
— Chloe Neill (Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4))



"The way you move is incredible.” Ren drew me back to press against him. His fingers slid down to the curve of my hips, rocking our bodies in rhythm with the heavy bass. The sensation of being molded against the hard narrow line of his hips threatened to overwhelm me. We were hidden in the mass of people, right? The Keepers couldn’t see?
I tried to steady my breath as Ren kept us locked together in the excruciatingly slow pulse of the music. I closed my eyes and leaned back into his body; his fingers kneaded my hips, caressed my stomach. God, it felt good.
My lips parted and the misty veil slipped between them, playing along my tongue. The taste of flower buds about to burst into bloom filled my mouth. Suddenly I wanted nothing more than to melt into Ren. The surge of desire terrified me. I had no idea if the compulsion to draw him more tightly around my body emerged from my own heart or from the succubi’s spellcraft. This couldn’t happen!
I started to panic when he bent his head, pressing his lips against my neck. My eyes fluttered and I struggled to focus despite the suffocating heat that pressed down all around me. His sharpened canines traced my skin, scratching but not breaking the surface. My body quaked and I pivoted in his arms, pushing against his chest, making space between us.
“I’m a fighter, not a lover,” I gasped.
“You can’t be both?” His smile made my knees buckle." (Ren Laroche)
— Andrea Cremer (Nightshade (Nightshade, #1))



Comments

  1. Awesome quotes this week! If you want my opinion, you should do this topic more often. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!