Weekly Lark 4/27/11

The Weekly Lark is a prompt for the imagination: something that’s just for fun. A lark is defined as “a source of or quest for amusement or adventure”. . . so let the adventure begin!

This week: What are your habits when it comes to bookmarking and setting your current read aside? Do you have to be between chapters or at the end of a page?

Andrea: I have to be at a chapter break to stop - it irks me otherwise.
Julie: I stop anywhere and everywhere (sometimes in the middle of a page) as long as it's at the end of a paragraph. I end up re-reading when I pick the book back up, but I like being reminded of what was going on...sort of like "previously, on Pride and Prejudice..."
Paula: I prefer to at least be between plot points, but since I pick up and read whenever I find a few extra minutes, sometimes I'm lucky to be at the end of a sentence.
Tiffany: I'm neurotic and HAVE to stop at the end of a chapter.
Tevya: I like to be at the end of a chapter, but if I'm in a hurry and don't have a choice, I will settle with the end of a page.
Erin: I usually fall asleep reading so I don't have a choice.

Ah, it seems that we are all reluctant bookmarkers. Solution: read to the end. :)


Comments