Cover Crazy: Passion by Lauren Kate


Saturday was feeling lonely without a meme of her very own. I stumbled upon the Cover Crazy meme over at The Book Worms and knew it would be a perfect thing for Reading Lark to join. The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there!

This week we are featuring Passion, by Lauren Kate. The fallen series is one of my favorite Fallen Angel reads. I love everything about this series. Daniel and Luce are well developed characters. Daniel is swoon-worthy, and Luce is a strong heroine. The covers of each of the books are just as beautiful as the love between Daniel and Luce. However, the cover of Passion, the third book of the trilogy, tops them all in my opinion. It is absolutely stunning. I love the colors, the muted blues and grays. I love the reddish tent of the clouds and the vibrant red of the rose against Luce's black dress. It is not a peaceful cover. It holds as suggestion of turbulence and stormy weather, indicating that this final segment of Luce and Daniel's story won't be an easy one. I think my favorite part of this cover is the first glimpse of Luce's face. Her back has been turned in all of the previous covers, but here we are finally getting a glimpse of who she really is. Perhaps this is an indication that Luce will finally gain some insight into her past and come to terms with the lives she's led before and how they have lead her to Daniel once again? I am so anxiously awaiting this book!
Passion will be released on June 14, 2011.
To find out more about Passion, click HERE for the Amazon link.

Comments

  1. I can't wait for June 14th! I loved this series. Covers are beautiful -- I loved Torment's best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series and the covers for Fallen and Torment are absolutely to die for... But I actually don't really like this one as much :/ It's still really pretty but I think it just might be the pink clouds on the dark blue sky that kind of throw it off for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait for the third book <3<3 the second one left me with so many questions I can't wait I'm so anxious <3 LOVE THESE BOOKS <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!