2011 Audio Book Challenge

I have a super long commute so audio books are my best friend most days. I am thinking getting the Obsessed Level will be no problem for me. I just have to listen to 20 audio books this year. I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing with this. Want to enter the challenge too? Here's the deal:





From Teresa's Reading Corner:
Curious:       3 Audio Books
Fascinated:  6 Audio Books
Addicted:  12 Audio Books
Obsessed: 20 Audio Books


Choose your level of participation and add your name.  Over the course of the year I'm going to try to put together some fun things.  If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.



Photobucket

Comments

  1. I never listen to audio books but this is a great challenge! I am aiming to listen to around 5 next year =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BooksforCompany - I never tried them until I started a long commute. I have found that if the narrator is good sometimes they are even better than the printed ones. Good luck with your challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be right there with you at the obsessed level. And I agree, with a good narrator the audio versions are sometimes better than the printed ones.

    Some of my favorites are the Harry Potter series, the Sookie Stackhouse series, the Stephanie Plum books narrated by CJ Critt (I think she only does the first 9 books), JD Robb's In Death series, the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series.

    Here are some non-series ones I really liked on audio too....

    The Host (read by Kate Reading)
    Of Mice and Men (read by Gary Sinise)
    Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time (read by Jeff Woodman)
    Odd Thomas (read by David Aaron Baker)
    Still Alice (read by the author)
    The Things They Carried (read by Tom Stechschulte)
    Deadline (read by Steven Boyer)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!